As a leader he does not appreciate excuses but encourages instead solution oriented outlook on the teams he leads. Under his leadership teams achieve results that bring about balanced benefits for all stakeholders.
He started his career 30 years ago as the director for company Videm Krško for 40 markets, successfully implemented numerous restructurings, redevelopments and start-up projects in Slovenia and on international markets. He successfully restructured paper company Goričane, group Iskra ERO and Mondi Raubling GmbH. He also served as the country manager in ABB and managed group Droga.
His most recent success as a CEO is the globally renowned redevelopment of glass company Hrastnik 1860 based on Being Better business transformation model in tandem with Ksenija Špiler Božič and the BB team.
Andrej applies Being Better business transformation model for crisis management as well as for building teams in times of prosperity. His approach is based on the respect of employees and open communication. He believes in good relationships, employee development, leading by example and on understanding of employees as stakeholders of any sustainably successful business.
Most recent education and trainings:
2017 Master of SQ and Quantum Leadership, Oxford Academy for Quantum Leadership with Prof. Danah Zohar.
- Award of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia for exemplary business and entrepreneurial achievements
- Managers’ Association of Slovenia Manager of the Year 2016 Award
- Magazine Kapital Manager of the Year 2016 Award
- EBA – European Business Award, Category Entrepreneur of the Year 2014/2015
- Hrastnik Municipality gold recognition for business achievements